How Much Do You Know About Mold?
Mold is frequently found in homes near windows and doors. SERVPRO can help!
In the remediation business we see a lot of water and fire losses, but another common issues associated with water damage is mold! In the simplest words mold is a pain!
Mold has varying levels of severity. Take this quiz to see how much you know about mold. Our answer key is at the bottom. Don’t cheat!
What is the ideal condition for mold growth?
A. Warm and humid
B. Cold and humid
C. Hot and dry
What can you do to prevent mold growth?
A. Keep all doors and windows closed
B. Dry wet areas immediately
C. Avoid problem areas in your home
What category water loss is mold considered? (Hint: Check out our blog on water categories)
A. Category 1
B. Category 6
C. Category 2
D. Category 3
What room in your home is most common for mold growth?
D. Any room in the home
Who do you call for Mold Remediation?
A. SERVPRO of The Windsors
B. Grandma & Grandpa
C. The Police
- Warm and humid
- Dry wet areas immediately
- Category 3
- Any room in the home
- SERVPRO of The Windsors
Does Your Connecticut Home Have A Mold Problem?
If you have a mold problem SERVPRO of The Windsors can help!!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –860-627-0763!
Connecticut Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of The Windsors for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of The Windsors specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today at (860)627-0763