Thanksgiving Fire Safety!
Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday filled with love, cheer, gratitude, family, friends, and food, lots of food! With so many homes prepping large holiday meals there are sure to be some accidents. Did you know there are more home fires on Thanksgiving Day than any other day in the year? There are on average over 2,000 residential fires on Thanksgiving each year.
To help you and your family enjoy a safe and happy we have provided safety tips here:
- Always stay in the kitchen when frying, or grilling food. If you have to leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove!
- Keep children at least 3 feet away from the stove when it is being used
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets
- Keep knives out of children’s reach
- Keep you floor clear to avoid tripping
- Keep electrical cords out of reach of children and pets
- Ensure all smoke detectors are functional
- Do not overload electrical outlets
- Install an automatic suppression unit to stove-top hoods- these units automatically put out fires when flames reach the hood.
- Keep your oven and stove clean of grease
We hope you find these tips useful. Please use extra caution when preparing your family’s meal this year. If there are any mishaps don’t hesitate to call us at 860-627-0763, and remember we are #heretohelp 24/7. Happy Thanksgiving!