Sump Pump Maintenance
One of the leading causes of water losses is sump pump failure! Here’s some helpful tips for sump pump maintenance to help avoid water damage! Perform the following steps quarterly to inspect, test, and maintain your sump pump.
- Disconnect the sump pump power cord from the outlet.
- Remove any water in the sump basin and clear away any debris near the pump inlet screen.
- Plug the power cords back into the outlet.
- Pour a fie gallon bucket of water into the sump basin and check to see if the pump powers itself on and off properly.
- Inspect outside to ensure the water is being properly released to the appropriate location.
If against your efforts the sump pump fails, SERVPRO can help with the water damage and refer you to a professional as needed. We are available 24/7 if you need us, give us a call.